We adhere to high standards of confidentiality as laid down by the Data Protection Act 1998, NHS Caldicott Principles and the Health ans Social Care Act 2001. We askyou for personal information so that you receive appropriate car e and treatment. This information is recorded in manual records and on computer.
We will ensure that patient confidentalitiy is maintained at all times by all members of the team, it is sometimes necessary that medical information about you is shared between memebers of the team.
PATIENTS' RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please try to keep your appointment. If for any reason you are unable to attend please contact the surgery so we may cancel your appointment and offer it to someone else. You have the right to be treated with respect and dignity and we expect you to treat members of staff in the same manner.
HELP US TO HELP YOU
- Please arrange to see your doctor by appointment, whenever possible.
- Only request an urgent appointment if it is really necessary to be seen that day.
- Ask for a visit only when impossible to come to the surgery.
- Call your doctor out at night or at weekends if you really think it cannot wait until the next working day.
- If you can help your doctor in this way it will enable the doctor to remain fresh to deal with your problems when you next need assistance.